Caring for your Fisher & Paykel washing machine helps it last longer and work more efficiently. Here are some simple tips you can use at home to prevent washing machine malfunctions:
- Before washing, check the pockets of garments. Loose change, hair clips, and other items could stop your washing machine from draining. This will happen on the rinse or spinning part of the cycle.
- Overloading your machine with too much weight in the barrel can cause permanent damage.
- To clean the inside of your machine, run a cycle with Hot and High water level using the CERACLEN washing machine cleaner. Follow this with 2 rinse cycles to clean out leftover residue and dirt build up.
- Don’t leave water inside your washing machine for long periods, as this can damage the machine over time.
- Don’t place heavy objects on top of your F&P washing machine, even while not in use.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents (ie, bleach or stain-removers) on top or in your washing machine. These can react with the plastic lid and other parts of the washing machine, causing irreversible damage.